DELL XPS M1730

Exaile a very good rhythmbox alternative

« Older   Newer »
Petengy
icon11  view post Posted on 28/9/2008, 11:19

I was looking for a way to listen a good web radio (streming online) I found on the web, the link is : http://progressivehouse.jp/phc.m3u

the problem is that rhythmbox is not able to play it, maybe for .m3u extesion, I really don't know.

So I began to look for a way to listen my beautiful radio and I found this App named Exaile, look the screenshot.

So... I found it very nice and, overall, it play my .m3u web radio :)

note:
did u see the beautiful button with a red circle inside ?

Your Pet

Edited by Petengy - 28/9/2008, 13:35

saintshakajin
view post Posted on 29/9/2008, 20:10

Exaile is a great player. I had a problem with sound, not so louder than Rhyhtmbox, amarok or audacious but great.

You can add your webradio in Rhyhtmbox. You need to activate the plugin Radio and then, you add your webradio with the whole url (*.m3u).
And you're listening like me right now.

Note:
I prefer Metallica ^^

Petengy
view post Posted on 29/9/2008, 21:54

QUOTE (saintshakajin @ 29/9/2008, 21:10)
Exaile is a great player. I had a problem with sound, not so louder than Rhyhtmbox, amarok or audacious but great.

You can add your webradio in Rhyhtmbox. You need to activate the plugin Radio and then, you add your webradio with the whole url (*.m3u).
And you're listening like me right now.

Note:
I prefer Metallica ^^

To increase loudness in exaile try to activate the equalizer plugin, It do a great work! But for me the best (talking about sound) is xmms.

Note:
I love all most strange sounds :alienff: :alienff: :alienff:

saintshakajin
view post Posted on 30/9/2008, 17:32

For the sound, audacious is better due to the fact that is based on indirectly on xmms and more directly on bmp and uses a better sound driver.

3 replies since 28/9/2008, 11:19   67 views