DELL XPS M1730

V177.39 nvidia graphics driver

« Older   Newer »
Petengy
view post Posted on 24/6/2008, 20:40

Hoping to help someone of you I installed (4 or 5 days ago) the V177.39 nvidia graphics driver from HERE.

I found these new ones the best (till now) concerning game performances running games like crysis or assassins creed.

I don't like run benchmark software so I haven't numbers to give you, try it by yourself and, if you like, post here your comments.

Your Pet

saintshakajin
view post Posted on 27/6/2008, 21:42

I haven't yet tested but it seems to be really funny due to the fact that Physx is integrated. Then, with our XPS 1730, 8700M GT with Physx, it should be great.
The only thing that I would know is when you boot from the battery, is it well working or do you have a black screen?
I got this issue on almost all drivers from laptopvideo2go except 174.74 I think.

the V177.39 nvidia graphics driver from HERE.

Link missing no?

Petengy
view post Posted on 3/7/2008, 18:58

Dear saintshakajin you are right the link is missing, here the link: http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index....showtopic=19154 for vista 32bit. (there is a 64 bit version too)

Yesss the Physx is integrated and I suppose it help all performance, but I'm not sure about it, I mean I'm mot sure the tested games use the physx "instructions".

About troubles starting using only batteries I can't help you because I'm always on "electrical power", but I experienced a overheating battery failure the time I was playing Crysis at full battery performance... that way I decided to not use battery at all.

Your Pet

saintshakajin
view post Posted on 10/8/2008, 11:05

Sorry for my late answer... this is solved with the latest release. I can boot from the battery if this is necessary...

3 replies since 24/6/2008, 20:40   91 views