DELL XPS M1730

HOW TO ADD NEW FEATURES TO LCD GAME PANEL, adding more info using Everest

« Older   Newer »
Petengy
icon11  view post Posted on 1/3/2008, 17:45

Before to start you have to know that XPS lcd game panel is a logitech G15 app.

Ok in this Guide I show you how to add an huge number of infos in your panel using a diagnostics software named Everest (very good for me), you can found it HERE .

Download the trial version (and if you like buy it it's no expansive).

Install Everest

Afert installed run it and get in "preference" menu under "file" menu.

A window open: image

In the window select LCD (in the bottom)

A second window will open

Here you create your own panel/panels to add to your lcd game panel.

It's simple to manage, only select new item hitting the button and choose a item.

The item will add in the items table and in the "160 x 43 pixels monochrome" window (over the table)that represent the lcd game panel.

Using the arrow keys you can move the items in the lcd window and hitting the "modify" button you can personalize every items (ie. font size, font type, unit and so on).

In my picture you can see my own configuration, I selected CPU, core 1, core 2, GPU1, GPU2 temperatures and CPU, core 1, core 2 utilizations (%).

When you finished hit "Apply" that's all...

Now when you open the configuration software of the LCD panel at the bottom right of your sys tray, or from start menu, you will found the added everest item, select it and you will see on your LCD panel all infos you created.

This new item will exist till everest is opened, closing it make your item disappear.

Note:
There are others new features you can add in LCD game panel (you can SEE your chat channel for example), I'll write some other guides when I find some times to spent (I have a family and a work :) :) :) ). But if someone want to do that is welcome..

0 replies since 1/3/2008, 17:45   149 views