DELL XPS M1730

Internal MIC doesn't work

« Older   Newer »
Petengy
view post Posted on 19/2/2008, 20:18

HI to all

After I solved ALSA problems, and after make sounds getting out from my XPS mixer there's the last bug to fix..... the internal MICrophone that seems to be dead...

If someone had a solution please help

really TnX in advance

pet

saintshakajin
view post Posted on 30/5/2008, 20:33

I also installed an Ubuntu on my XPS and my mic is well working... Near the clock, you have the sound preference, right click on it - open volume control - option and you choose for "digital input source": digital mic 1... I haven't tried with others choice but this one is well working.

Petengy
view post Posted on 30/5/2008, 22:27

Really TnX for your kindly and useful answer.

I have to say that with Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron) all was right, web cam too.

Ubuntu is a very great OS :)

The only small remaining trouble is that sometimes it take a while to connect to wifi lan. But I don't know if is something wrong in my access point or not.

Last step I have to do is to install Ubuntu inside the 2 internal raid HDs because now I'm running it from an external USB HD.

saintshakajin
view post Posted on 31/5/2008, 17:00

I've the same issue but before staying on Ubuntu (like my others computers), I also tried Fedora 9... really funny too but nvidia (173.14.05) doesn't work on my 8700M GT. Then, I don't keep it.
Wireless was well working but if I wait 1 - 2 min to establish the connection, like Ubuntu.

I hope bcm43xx will support our wireless card. I presume you also have the draft n, bcm4328?

I don't know how to install on RAID hdd...

Petengy
view post Posted on 31/5/2008, 17:14

ok raid disks are not so simple to manage in order to install Ubuntu.
I've found this guide HERE but the steps to follow are not so easy and user friendly.
Not impossible to do but I prefer to wait next Version of Ubuntu hoping it will support natively the app named DMRAID.

I found this thread in this forum too.... and maybe is better to wait for me ...

saintshakajin
view post Posted on 4/6/2008, 19:41

FYI, with the newest update, kernel 2.6.24-18-blabla-xx network manager is running faster and I can have a wireless connection in less than 1 min ^^

Petengy
view post Posted on 4/6/2008, 22:51

that's a very nice "news" I'm just upgrading now my ubuntu to check wifi connection.

TnX :) :) :)

Petengy
view post Posted on 5/6/2008, 18:56

maybe 48 hours are not much but then new kernel 2.6.24-18-blabla-xx network manager effectively made my wireless connection faster without any lack or strange and long delays ....

7 replies since 19/2/2008, 20:18   88 views